Monday 8 July 2013

Crochet slouchy beanie in pastel wool

One of the things I really wanted to make with my new crochet skills was a slouchy beanie - I have one in green at home, which I love, but as I don't wear much in green, I thought it would be great to make a few others in different colours.  I found this fabulous crochet pattern on the Jenn Likes Yarn blog, and used some really cute Paton's yarn in a few pastel colours.

Modelling slouchy beanie
Although the pattern called for 28 double crochet rows, and 5 single crochet rows, I only had a 50g ball of wool, and half way through I realised that I was probably going to run out of wool - oops!  In the end I did 23 double crochet rows and 4 single crochet rows, so a bit shorter than the pattern.  I think it's the perfect length for me though, as I wear my beanies quite far back on my head.



I've already started on my second beanie - and I'm starting to find other fantastic patterns on Pinterest, so hopefully there'll be more crochet fun to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment